Saturday, May 24, 2008

Inca, Insane, Idiotic

Hola from Machupicchu! We had a full day of exploring the ruins today and it was simply fantastic. The hour and a half train ride to get here was amazing with amazing views of the mountains. Then the 25 minute bus ride to the top was also beautiful with some amazing views. And even more amazing was the ruins themselves. Wow. I´m still in awe of how beautiful and advanced everything there is! I took some really cool pictures and loved every minute of walking around up there. Beautiful setting as well. Those Incas sure knew the good places to build their places of residency and their temples. I can´t imagine carrying all those rocks up the mountain though!

On the way down, we decided we should not take the 25 minute bus ride and walk down instead. heehee.. It was definitely worth it. there were shortcut walking trails through the mountain that had inca ruins along them so it was pretty cool and the views once again were breathtaking of the mountains. it was kind of cool to just be walking in the middle of the jungle. saw lots of lizards!

So now I¨m sore. We got back to the hotel and iw as so excited to take off my dirty sweaty clothes and to shower and put on my clean pjs. So cozy. Oops.. Too bad my mom accidentally put those and my comfortable flip flops in the bag that went back to Cusco for when we get there tomorrow. Haha.. So I have no clothes. I decided to put on the dirty pants and my sweatshirt which i didn´t wear today. Figured it was a better alternative to being naked. haha

Only 12 more days til I´m home! Loving it here but here are a few things I miss:
-my friends
-digesting food
-north american food
-brushing my teeth with tap water
-not living out of a suitcase

maybe a few more, but that´s just a few!! hee hee!! See ýou all later!

5 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Vanessa, the pictures that will follow on your arrival home will be wonderful. It looks like you are having a fantastic adventure even without the comforts that we are so used to here. .
stay safe and enjoy the rest of your trip.

Chrys said...

I agree, dirty clothes are a better alternative to being naked!
Cusco honestly gets me every time. So funny!
We miss you too! 13 more days until I see you!!

Anonymous said...

i would've gone with naked. i'm just sayin'. hehe just joking! your friends miss you too!

Elsie said...

Yup, there's no place like home......but you will have such wonderful memories and pictures when you get back. It's worth it, sweaty clothes and all !

Yvonne said...

I'm guessing you're still not feeling well since you wrote that you miss digesting food. Hopefully you feel better really soon. I am so loooking forward to seeing all of the beautiful pictures you have. Walking among Inca ruins sounds wonderful!
(Kyra just pointed at your picture and said something that resembled "Vanessa" - just thought I'd let you know!):D