Sunday, May 11, 2008

Antigua, awesome, amoebas

Hello from Antigua!! The historical city in Guatemala. We went for lunch in town today and it was great. I'm really excited to explore this city more. Lots of cool architecture and colors and stuff like that.

Today we went to a Spanish mega church in Guatemala City. It was interesting, because it was like a concert. There was a famous singer from Argentina there and he sang a bunch of songs and was really polished and they had this altar call and then everyone gave the new Christians bibles.. Then everyone in the church started waving their bibles in the air to the bible song that was being sung. it was pretty funny actually. many other things like that occured and i didn't understand half of it, but it made for an interesting two hours.

Fun times all around. Still sick and getting really frustrated with it. I just want to be comfortable again!! Maybe tomorrow!!

Anyway, i have internet access this week so hopefully i will post about all the uber exciting things i will do. For now i just feel like posting because i'm slightly restless and sweaty. Okay, bye friends!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First comment!!! I wish I could add something here, but I feel like you really captured the day.

Chrys said...

Shoot, I'm not the first comment this time! I'm losing my touch! The culture you're experiencing sounds so interesting, and I can't wait to go there someday. Have a good week buddy!