Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Peru, Planes, Pizza

Hola from Peru!!

Crazy to think that my three weeks in Guatemala are over-they flew by while at the same time it felt like I was there for months! haha.. Yesterday I flew to Miami where I met my mom and enjoyed a nice north american meal of pizza hut. haha. Then we flew down to Lima where we stayed for night.

This morning we flew to Cusco and while flying there, we got to fly over the Andes mountains. THey left me speechless in their grandeur and majesty. Wow. Can´t even begin to describe how beautiful that flight was. I didn´t have my camera to take pics out the window but hopefully on the flight back next week I´ll be able to snap a few!

We are staying in a hotel on top of a really steep hill in the middle of the Andes mountains. We are at 11, 000 ft elevation so the air is quite a bit thinner and it´s a little harder to make it up the hills! haha.. We always joked that Guatemala was the get in shape program, and it seems as though Peru will continue this goal!! haha..

We took a nice nap this afternoon after a night of 2 hours of sleep and another of 5 hours. Tonight we went to a cultural dance show with singing and lots of traditional outfits. It was pretty cool. Interesting to see the culture here in contrast to Guatemala.

I´m still sick and frustrated to no end with it, because I don´t know how to make it stop - argh! it´s building character though..t hat´s what i keep telling myself at least so that i can feel a bit better about it or something.

Anyway, i´m off to bed. i have a long day of touring Inca ruins tomorrow! FUN!

2 comments:

Chrys said...

I think one of the most interesting things about traveling South America for me would be the different cultures. Everyone always seems to think the South American culture is the same everywhere, but it definitely isn't!!

Anonymous said...

here i am! commenting! :)

i'm sorry to hear that you are STILL sick, what a bummer! i will pray that you feel better soon. glad that you are making the best of it and trying to have fun regardless! what a blessing to be able to travel and experience these things with your mom. you're lucky :) take care!