Saturday, February 12, 2011

Waterloo, Walk, Worthwhile

After being in Quebec, I flew to Toronto where my friend Andrea picked me up from the airport. Andrea is a friend of a friend of a friend all of which I am now friends with. LOVE how connections and community happen!


I met Andrea when she and another friend stayed at my house. We like to have sushi everywhere we go, so we decided it was only fitting to have sushi together! Traffic was even slightly enjoyable because it was nice to be in the car with good driving tunes and good conversation.


We went to an all you can eat sushi place and decided to be adventuresome and order the 'golden bag'. Scary when you have absolutely no idea what this could entail. Yet it pays to be adventurous because we got a tasty golden bag placed in front of us that we quite enjoyed! Mystery solved. Maybe next time we shall be even more daring!


Then I was off to visit my favorite Ontario relatives! Another reason why it's exciting to be moving to Quebec, because I'm stoked that I will be closer to them! They are a lot of fun and always a great time with lots of laughs together.


On the Saturday we drove down to Toronto to visit my cousin and his wife in their apartment. Walked to the market, bought some veggies and fresh fish and came back to make a tasty dinner of tilapia with parmesan, mayo and caramelized onions on top. Tasty!


I'm thankful to have such wonderful immediate and extended family. They are a blessing and I love that we all get along and genuinely enjoy spending time together. Plus these cousins are related to me in three ways. We are first cousins, third cousins and fourth cousins. Haha. And not to worry, it is all through marriage and not some odd incest or something. Hehe..









While we were eating it was getting pretty snowy outside, which was fantastic. And I was just happy I didn't have to drive in it. But there is something wonderful about sitting around a table with people you love and care about and just enjoying food together that you've had a good time making together. It draws people together in a really neat way I think. I just need to learn to follow a recipe.


Their rooftop had the most fantastic view of downtown Toronto from all around. Even though I had to walk through mounds of snow to look, it was worth it.


I had a wonderful weekend in Waterloo and had fun hanging out with my cousin Adrielle as well. We discovered credit card monopoly- so fun!! The Sunday night, my flight got cancelled, so the next morning I had to wake up in the wee hours to drive to Hamilton for a new flight! But thankfully I made it home, even though I only stayed for 24 hours before heading off to Florida! More on that to come!

1 comment:

Elsie said...

How nice, that even friends of friends of friends can become good friends, lol. I enjoyed seeing V & S in your photos - haven't seen them for at least 25 years and they're looking great. I have cousins who are both first and second cousins to me (our moms are sisters and our dads are cousins) but you've got me beat with your triple related cousins! It will be great for you to have them closer when you move.