Thursday, February 24, 2011

Birds, Besties, Belgian

A good way to know that you stockpile things is when the onion you bought a few months ago has a growth off of it that is longer than itself. And it is full of mold. But hey, at least I enjoyed the growth spurt the onion had before disposing of it...


Since January I have only been home an average of three days at a time. But I have loved every one of those days at home and have been blessed to be able to connect with some wonderful friends during those times.


Before heading to Palm Springs, Destinye and I were able to hang out. She's one of my main friends from when I worked at Starbucks. We used to have sleepovers on nights when we both had to work at 4am (dumb idea) and she also rocks Dance Dance Revolution with me. We're pretty much awesome like that. Anyway, I appreciate her a lot and that even if we haven't seen each other in a month, it's like we saw each other yesterday. I always leave encouraged and inspired by what she's been doing and learning in life.


I also got to head to Vancouver to spend the day with one of my long time besties, Sandy. She's someone I can tell absolutely anything to and I think she knows me better than most people.


We had lunch at one of her favourite restaurants, complete with little mini Belgian waffles and hot chocolate.


And then we just walked around Vancouver enjoying each other's company and having some good convos. Also, Sandy sometimes gets really excited about stuff (which I love) and she will randomly yell the names of stores she sees... So we enjoy reenacting previous times when she's done so.


We even stopped at Robson Rink to enjoy the skating. :)


And pondered as to why koalas need instructions on how to change their young.


And BEST yet: we found the GIANT birds in downtown Vancouver. I didn't know they existed, but they make me happy!!


YAY for GIANT birds!! (go check them out, they're pretty awesome)


My favorite moment was when some girl offered to take our photo in front of the bird. She took the pic, looked at it, proclaimed "that's an awesome photo" and then took off. Um.. she cut the bird's head off... Maybe she didn't notice? Maybe she was far too dazzled with us that she was distracted? Maybe she did it on purpose. So maybe from now on when I take pictures of people for them, I will cut off their heads or take pictures of other objects instead of them. Well, probably not, but something to think about.


Oh how I love my birds! And Vancouver! And my delightful friends!

No comments: