Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas, Cuddles, Cuties

Last night after I got home, I packed up all my Christmas decorations. May seem a bit premature for some, but I have been enjoying the decorations for 2 months and have just been wanting to clean it up and sit and treasure all these things in my heart.


The wonder of God with us, Emmanuel. In the midst of difficulty and joy, Christ is with us. Amongst us. How incredible.


And He has blessed us, oh how incredibly He has blessed us. With family, friends, warmth, shelters, food, and I could go on and on and on. He makes His presence known every day if I begin to look for it. And I love that Christmas is a focused time to stop and remember. That Christ came to live, so that we could live.


I love driving down the street and seeing everything closed. Time to be at home, with family and loved ones. I know it may be painful for some, but amongst the thorns, there are always roses to be found. Amongst the anguish and grief, there is joy and love.


From cuddling month old babes to enjoying the joy of a one and a half year old to conversing and fellowshiping with those I love.


To see God's work in my family and His faithfulness.


This year in a lot of ways I missed my dad a lot. And my brother. My dad would have been a grandpa to 2 beautiful, perfect little babes. My brother would have been the proudest uncle. We missed them, but I am thankful for old and new memories and how all of them combined make up a messy but beautiful picture of life.


So this Christmas I am incredibly thankful. That amidst the pain of life and the wonderful things, God is with us.


Hope you all had an incredibly wonderful Christmas! Blessings!

No comments: