Monday, December 6, 2010

Hockey, Holler, Happy

Vancouver vs. Flames. In Calgary. How could I resist? I was able to get two really great tickets and flew out for the day just to go to the game. I wore my jersey proudly on the flight and in the airport and got some great comments from passerbys.


It was also fun being there with a Flames fan. That way someone was always cheering (thankfully I was cheering a LOT more)



I have to admit though that their fans are far more hardcore. And the fact that they have flames burst out when they score. It's a nice blast of warmth. :) And the "C" of red that the fans wear is pretty sweet too.


Our seats were pretty great. How cool!


We won 7 to 2 and it was a great game with lots of cheering! Just made it all the more sweeter that it was in Calgary...


The next morning, Jenn and I went out for breakfast at 5am. Because it's tradition. And we're hardcore like that.


Then she dropped me off at the airport for another delightful flight over the Rockies. And the beginning of a wonderful day that would last for 24 hours.


Oh flying. How I love thee {as long as there is no one sitting beside me...}


And that's all for now. Now I'm home and enjoying all the festivities and fun that December brings. Hopefully I will stay grounded at home... for a little while at least. ;)

1 comment:

Elsie said...

It's so great traveling around with you.....we've experienced lots of interesting things through your camera lens and your words. Grace and peace to you!