Monday, December 20, 2010

Twins, Together, Time

This week is birthday week. Known by some others as the week before Christmas. All very fun and exciting! But a little crazy how fast time flies.

I love having my birthday in December! Well, besides combined gifts and people not really caring it's my birthday, I like all the decorations and all the festivities all at once! It's fun because I happen to have a lot of friends with December birthdays too! In fact one weekend I had invites to 4 birthday get - togethers!


Last week, it was my friend Vanessa's birthday. We affectionately refer to one another as twinsie, as we have some convoluted story about how we are actually twins separated at birth who happened to be born 9 days apart. Only to have our families let us be friends as children and until now. Brilliant story. Touching really. So this is my twin sister Vanessa and we celebrated her birthday in style! She's leaving for Australia next week and I will definitely miss her!



It was fun to meet some of her friends as well! The following day we were able to go for lunch as well which was special to be able to hang out together one on one before she left!


On Saturday my mom and I met in Vancouver where we went to the Canucks game. Apparently she likes laughing at me. But we had a wonderful time and afterwards I took her to the best Japanese restaurant in Vancouver (that I know of). Afterwards I was able to see some friends in Van as well which was wonderful!


This last week has been interesting as I feel like I have been coming out of my season of being a hermit. But it's been delightful to connect with friends and to find a newfound balance of refueling time for me and time with friends!

Tis all for now! Off to enjoy some more festivities of birthday week!

1 comment:

Elsie said...

So much celebrating in one week! Have a wonderful birthday and Christmas.....may the peace and joy and love of Jesus be very real in your heart and home!