Friday, November 20, 2009

Seattle, Selebration, Stormy, Seasons

First off, I want to let you know that I indeed do know how to spell celebration.. was just using my artistic license. A few weeks ago, my friend Alisha and I headed down to Seattle for a celebration weekend! We had both quit our jobs and were celebrating the start of new seasons in our lives, excited for what is yet to come and thankful to our jobs for having brought us together as friends! We went to see Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat which was fantastic. The character development of the brothers especially was great. I liked some of the different things they did with it to add flair.

Although it had been quite stormy, it was good that we had nice weather for the time when we were there! All the fall colors and leaves everywhere was stunning! :)


We went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch after which I didn't need to eat dinner.. or early the next day either!! haha.. SO good!! :)
So all in all a fabulous weekend away and definitely a blessing to walk around and chat about life and God, etc. Very encouraging and inspiring indeed! And that picture is of a monster salad that Alisha had!! haha

The next weekend, I had a hotel booked because I had bought my mom tickets to the Billy Joel/Elton John concert in Seattle that weekend which was unfortunately postponed but i was left with my hotel! My mom was going away so opted out of going, so my friend Theresa said she was able to come which was fantastic! The view from our hotel was stunning!! It was funny though because the hotel we were in was so "structurally sound" that it sways when it's windy. haha. So all night we could hear the walls creaking which in actuality was the hotel moving. I could not stop laughing every time the walls creaked even though it felt like our hotel might fall apart!!
It took us awhile to get out of the hotel back to the parkade on the evening we were going out. So we found the basement with all the danger signs posted. We decided it was picture worthy of course. :) We left the hotel, drove around, realized it would be far easier to just walk there and drove back to the parkade and walked. hahahaha

All in all, another wonderul getaway to Seattle! Nice and relaxing and just fun to get away with people I don't normally go away with!

No comments: