Sunday, November 22, 2009

Aladdin, Arts, Auditions

I love musicals.

Whenever I watch a musical, everything in me longs to be on stage. I absolutely love to sing, perform and also to dance/move around. It's been in me since I was young and I feel incredibly inspired and passionate when doing those things. Being in a musical is indeed on my list of 100 things to do before I die. It's something I've never pursued. Until now. I saw on a friend's facebook that there were auditions for Aladdin the Pantomime coming up and I figured, if I wanted to be in a musical, it would probably be a pretty good idea to actually audition for one.. So I auditioned back in September and got offered a part in the chorus!


So I'm pretty stoked. Since September, we have been practicing three times a week so it's been fairly intense but I have been absolutely loving it! It's been great to get to know an entirely new group of people and to just enjoy the time of learning our different parts, songs, choreography, etc. I have been deeply blessed by the people in the show with me and am excited to be performing alongside of them!

The show opens this Wednesday night!! And it plays for two weeks!! So if you are interested, you should definitely come out! And if you know young kids, it is kid friendly as well and a great thing to do before the holidays! Plus you will get to see me! (double bonus right there).
Today we had our cue to cue which was our technical rehearsal. It was long, but super fun to be in the theatre with all the props and set and everything for the first time!! It's been so great seeing the show come together and seeing how a show is in fact put together. Makes me appreciate it at a far greater level now when watching! Tuesday is our dress rehearsal which will be fun. I'm looking forward to doing my makeup and hair for the show. Plus the dressing room is pretty sweet too!! So I'm excited all around and hope to see some of you there! If you decide to come, let me know what night you will be there so I can say hi after the show!

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

So cool to be able to cross something off your bucket list, so to speak. I really want to come see you perform. Sounds like it's been a great experience for you!

Heather said...

Cool!!! Sometimes taking a risk and putting yourself out there sure pays off =)