Sunday, September 14, 2008

Floor, Fun, Frustrating

All right, well since my photos are posted backwards I will go through it backwards. We don't have a kitchen table yet. Well actually we do. But it's in the back of my brother's pick up truck in Coquitlam which is a story I will get to later on... I picked up a plastic table from home and we decided to use it to hold our food while we ate on the floor. Tonight we made sausage, eggs and pancakes for dinner and it was fantastic. Mmmm.. Tasted amazing on the floor. I'm really just trying to build up an appreciation in us for tables... we take them for granted too often, right?

Last night, my housemates, Heidi, Matt and I suddenly decided we wanted ice cream. So in a moment of high energy, we decided to drive to the store. Well first we drove by Denny's to creep through the window at two of our friends studying there. They only noticed the vehicle right outside the window when we called them...it was funny though. Anyway, after some hilarity in the grocery store, we finally agreed to disagree and we all bought our own flavors of ice cream that we wanted. So we had an ice cream party in my new egyptian bowls. good times.

Okay.. So now the ikea story. I hate ikea. I have now been there twice in my life and it just hasn't been all round positive experiences. My brother lent me his truck and the gas tank was empty. So I thought I'd do him a favor and fill the whole thing up. Um.. his old truck was regular gas. Who was to know the new one was diesel? Hmmmm.. So I filled it up and we drove off to Ikea. We went shopping and bought a bunch of stuff.. and then the vehicle wouldn't start. Weird. Didn't sound like a dead battery though. Hmm.. so i called my brother and he thought i was joking when i told him i filled it with gas. oops. Sigh. So we got bcaa to come which was kind of funny because my brother's truck was way bigger than the tow truck. They took it across the street and the garage was just closing... so they let us park it inside until monday when they could look at it. They say they will just need to pump the gas out and it should be fine, so I hope that is the case. Sigh. Oh for adventures with my brother's truck. If you don't remember the last one, see here.

We walked to Dairy Queen in the middle to grab some lunch/dinner while waiting. All in all such a great time!! hee hee...
I can't believe the weekend is over. It flew by so fast!! I feel like I got nothing done. Okay, that's probably because I didn't. Shucks. School is a little stressful presently. Because I"m not organized and I'm takign two classes during the same time block. So being a person who never misses class.. makes it stressful that I've missed the first three for the one class. ahhh..

Until next time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a bad experience at Ikea. But I think your brother's truck has given you much worse experiences than Ikea! Oh well, it will probably be a story that will bring a chuckle for many years. Hope you're feeling a little more on top of things at school now that you're all settled into your house.

Chrys said...

I've learned that if I want people to laugh at me, all I have to do is tell that story. Good times! But we had fun before that right? Ikea isn't ALL bad...