Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Birthday, Broccoli, Beautiful, Boiling

This past weekend was absolutely beautiful and it is still beautiful out! I do like the sunny weather, but I prefer the sun when it is really cold out. So silly me has been wearing jeans and warm clothes trying to bring on the colder weather. It's not working and I just end up boiling hot and sweaty. Lovely.

I have a kitchen table!! YAY!!! I picked my brother up from Abbotsford this morning and drove him to the mechanic's in Coquitlam and luckily his truck just needed to be drained and then it worked fine!! yippee!! Then he dropped my furniture off on his way home. As soon as Matt came upstairs this morning, he started putting together the table, so that was nice. In fact, I am sitting at the table right now! Pictures to come soon. (not that I could take multiple pictures of a table... actually maybe I could).

Last night, I went out for my friend Amy's birthday. Amy, Amy and Laura were all there. They all graduated last April and I really miss seeing them and hanging out with them at Trinity. So it was great to see them all again and have some good laughs! Afterwards Amy and I had a fun time hanging out in my vehicle in the parking lot.. haha! good times.


Laura and I


Amy (birthday girl) and I
Happy birthday Amy!!!! (hope you're actually reading this to read that personalized greeting to you on my ever so illustrious blog. lucky.

This is me and my broccoli salad. I realized today that my grapes were going to go bad and I LOVE broccoli salad (hate broccoli by itself though) so I went grocery shopping and bought broccoli and came home excited to make the salad. I realized then that I didn't have a key ingredient: vinegar. I read somewhere that you can replace it with red wine, but that didn't seem like it would do.

So off to Costco I went. I figured I had already been to the grocery store and I needed to buy a couple things at Costco. I bought a freezer, a garbage can and 10 litres of vinegar. HA! ya, ten is right. I was going to buy one 5L jug which already seemed a bit much but I figure it can't go bad. Turns out you have to buy it in the two pack. haha.. And I really wanted salad and really didn't want to go back to the grocery store, so I caved and bought 10 L. So I have copious amounts of vinegar if anyone ever wants to come over for vinegar shots. Yum.

And starting now I am going to post recipes of the exciting things I make (because I'm SO domestic now that I have my own home.. haha)

So here's the recipe for the broccoli salad. Okay I don't have exact quantities, but this will have to do:

Broccoli Salad

a bunch of broccoli cut up finely
bacon bits or bacon cut up into little pieces
red grapes cut in halfers
raisins (i didn't add those, but sometimes I like to..)

dressing:
-1/4 cup vinegar (NOT 10 L)
-1/4 cup sugar
-1 cup mayo (I usually add half no fat sour cream or yogurt to lessen the fat)

Mix vinegar and sugar together. Add mayo or other stuff you decide to add. The mix it with the salad, and eat it. Tastes especially good the second day when it's all soaked in. Mmmmmm

Not sure if this recipe interests you or is even remotely useful but I had fun sharing it with you all!! Stay tuned for more! :)

And now that I have maximized my procrastination, I will sign off.

I'll leave you with a countdown (figured I haven't had one in a while...):

3 days until the weekend!
6 days until UPSI kickoff (psych club at school)
17 days until girls weekend in Vegas!! Woo hoo!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the personalized birthday greeting! i feel like i could be almost famous now, after having made it onto your blog :) hehe. i also love that you bought that much vinegar. i didn't know it was just so you could make brocoli salad, that makes it so much funnier! haha!

Chrys said...

Yay for finally having a kitchen table! I'm sure eating on the floor or couch got old real quick!