Friday, September 12, 2008

House, Home, Holler!!

The other day Chrystal and I went to the Backstreet Boys Concert which was pretty fun. Although I was pretty deaf by the end, because Chrystal was screaming so loud while Girlicious was opening. Didn't know she was such a big fan. (okay, slight sarcasm here)...

And now for the longly anticipated pictures of my home!! I am missing pictures of three of the bedrooms, because two of them are people living in them and one is full of boxes of books and boxes containing bookshelves that need to be put together!! So here is the first shot of pictures. The place needs a bit of work but for now it works just fine and I love it!
This is my back porch and it has a beautiful view of the mountains. There will soon be a bbq out there so I can bbq some meat. Mmmm..
Two of my paintings on the wall-from Peru and from Cuba

My corner shot of chests and a tree. The shot of the living room table is missing.. because I don't have one yet.
This is my living room with super comfy couches and my painting from Guatemala above the fireplace! Very cozy and fun to sit in. Oh, and my carpet from Turkey on the floor! :) Let's just say my mom's living room looks a lot emptier now.. These were actually my dad's couches, so it's kind of neat to have them in my place now.

My kitchen!! It's nice and spacious compared to some of the other places I saw and it's great.. it's just missing a kitchen table which I will hopefully purchase tomorrow!

My garage which fits two vehicles and four bikes nicely.

My piano and guitar and drum playing area. I will soon be putting a big couch down here with a tv but i didn't take a picture of the location where it will be because it's just empty for now.
Not sure why they built a huge three man desk with a bright green counter into their basement.. but it's there. and it's kind of ugly, but I'm using it as desk space for now and it works just great!

My bathroom. or the wall of it.. I like to display all the different necklaces I've got from my travels and that way int he morning it's easier to choose which one I want to wear! :) I also have a bathroom journal which I love love love. If you ever come to my house, you will have to go to the bathroom and write in the journal. I figure people have books for others to read or magazines, so I have a bathroom journal and it contains "thoughts thought while in vanessa's bathroom". I love going back and reading it and it's pretty fun to see who's all been in my bathroom! haha.. You might think I'm strange but I think it's a great idea! :)
This is my bedroom. Actually.. this picture makes it look really small but it's bigger and it has an amazingly huge window seat that has a beautiful view of trees and mountains. I think I had stuff over there that I didn't want in the picture. haha

So that is the virtual tour of my house except for three bedrooms and two bathrooms which you didn't see-perhaps I will post pictures of those some other day! If you're ever in the area come visit! :)

Tomorrow Chrystal and I are off to Ikea to see if I can buy a table and chairs for the kitchen. I strongly dislike Ikea. I ahve refused to go there my entire life until last week when I went with my mom. I was grumpy and really sick and ran over an open wound on my toe with the cart.. haha.. so i dont' think it contributed well to my experience. So tomorrow hopefully the experience will be redeemed as Chrystal has declared it her life long goal to get me to love Ikea! haha.. Hopefully she'll be successful, and if not, hopefully at least I come home with a table!

Thanks for waiting for the pics! Hope you enjoyed!

4 comments:

Chrys said...

just think positive thoughts! Forget about your negative Ikea experience, and I'll make this one wonderful!
I love your collection of stuff from around the world. Especially the pictures of Don Cheadle and Morgan Freeman in your living room :)

Elsie said...

Looks like a really nice place! Love your view out the back, with mountains and even a playground for the kid in you. Now what could such a long desk be used for......it would be great for laying out multiple pages to organize....crafts.....scrapbooking.....cardmaking.... cutting out patterns for sewing....making the world's longest strudel????? Anyway, hope you make many happy memories in your new home!

Anonymous said...

The house looks wonderful, I can't wait to come and visit! I would like to leave comments in the bathroom journal! I like the idea btw, I might copy it. As well I was thinking about hanging my necklaces in somewhat of a similar fashion. Of course I don't have nearly as many as you, but I'm glad it works! Enjoy your abode!!

Owen and Bonnie said...

Your house looks amazing...and BIG!! Is it in Langley?? You've done a great job with the decorating so far. Funny about the bathroom journal - ha!

Bonnie