Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Start, Squish, Salami

Today is a day that was started off right and keeps being so.

I pull out of my garage and hear loud scraping and then suddenly realize I have trouble driving. Then I suddenly remember that the recycling people usually throw our empty bin right in front of where I exit the garage. I hope out to take it out, but it is actually wedged beneath my vehicle and stuck between the bottom of the vehicle, my tire and the cement. Hmm.. So I back into the garage, ignoring the scraping and leave my vehicle on a slight incline where I am able to pull the recycling bin out. I never liked the perfect shape of it anyway. I far more prefer a squished version...

Then I went to buy salami at the store for lunch. Picked up a couple other things. Got home and realized I forgot the salami at the check-out counter. Oops. So I went back for it.

Sigh. Oh the things that make a day memorable :)

2 comments:

Elsie said...

Funny, how a whole day can be like that sometimes..... I guess it makes us more thankful for the days when everything is amazing!

Chrys said...

I love this story. It reminds me of the time I drove over a huge boulder with my car...but that didn't squish.