Sunday, February 8, 2009

High, Hurry, Help

Hallo!

I had a really funny story to write about but my brain hasn't been retaining information of late, so that will have to wait. Have had a fairly full weekend! Friday night I went to my friend Theresa's to watch High school musical with her and her daughter and have homemade pizza! MMM... I had never seen HSM before but actually quite enjoyed it. Yah, it's cheesy but I like musicals and singing and such so enjoyed it. And it's good some good messages behind it too.

That night there happened to be another shooting.... close to my place. Craziness. Obviously they are targeted shootings, but it's scary that innocent people in the wrong place at the wrong time have a great chance of getting hurt in these situations.

Saturday I did homework in the morning, then went for a volunteer luncheon at the prison where I volunteer. How neat to be appreciated in that way and to meet others who also volunteer there. We also got a tour of the prison, so it was good to see where the inmates live. I've toured other prisons, so it's always interesting to note the differences.

Chrystal and I went to "He's just not that into you" in the afternoon and it was pretty good. Then we went to church and I am super excited about where our saturday night service is going! :) Will be neat to see what God does within the changes that are going to be happening. Then Chrystal, Kaeli and I watched 'Rent', which was just released on DVD (the live broadway version). Excellent of course! :)

Today I met my friend Vanessa for coffee and then went to a surprise engagement shower for my friends Phil and Cheryl. And now I am off to do homework. I thought about it today and pretty much in this last week I am doing two months worth of work, because I didn't do anything in January and I have to work ahead since I won't be here in February!! Good times!

Anyway, have a great day all! :)

2 more days until Colorado!!!

No comments: