Sunday, March 30, 2008

Seattle, Soy, Snow, Swimming

This week my friend Lindie came out to visit for a few days. On Monday we went to the Seattle Zoo. I actually have an annual membership, so I like to go as often as possible. Every time it's lots of fun and the animals are always lots of fun to watch!
Last time I was there, the bears were still hibernating, so it was nice to see them this time. One of them came into the water, so it was swimming right in front of us (blocked by a glass wall of course). He kept shaking the water off his head. It was a little freaky having a 500 lbs. grizzly bear swimming right in front of you.. Made me wonder how strong the glass really is..
I didn't realize that adult male orangutans get really really puffy cheeks. Thought I'd take a bunch of pictures because it looked kind of funny.

The giraffes kept nailing each other with their heads.. it was really funny to watch.

Lindie, Kacey and I pretending to be spiders


Lindie pretending to be a Komodo dragon.




After the zoo, we found a great restaurant in Everett on the marina. It was a beautiful view and incredible food!!

On Tuesday, Lindie and I went hiking up at Cascade Falls, which was beautiful!! A great day and always fun to go sit and watch the waterfalls up there!


Thursday night, Chris and Kristen joined me to get some homework done at Denny's. Chris brought Kristen a ring pop and we thought we'd take some nice proposal pics. haha. They didn't get much work done, but I got nine pages of a paper typed, which is the most of a paper I have ever written in one sitting! Amazing!


The other day at work it started snowing which was pretty funny. I was kind of shocked because I thought nice weather was coming,b ut I think the snow stint is over and now the sun will be here!! At work one of my co-workers was pouring soy into another staff's drink who asked her to shake it before pouring. So, I started singing "shake it like a polaroid picture". The girl excitedly responded with vigorous shaking, not realizing the lid wasn't on properly. She proceeded to splatter the area with soy milk along with herself. There was quite the explosion and it was pretty hilarious!! She didn't think it was too funny being covered in soy, but that's all right. :)
And last but not least, our pool is finally open!! Okay.. so March is really early, so I shouldn't be saying finally... But I love swimming laps, so I get my mom to open it early every year (although I was a little skeptical with the snow). Every day this week I've been testing it with my foot to see if it's warm enough yet and yesterday it was! (we keep it really warm, so it's not bad in the cold!!) So I had my first swim in our pool for 2008 and swam 100 laps! it was great and i'm stoked for many more swims!
It was a little chilly getting out I must admit!! Last night I had an Easter Family Gathering with my dad's side of the family which was great. We had steak and salmon and it was SO good!! Mmmm!!!

And now I'm off to lunch with my friend Destinye where we will be planning our road trip extravaganza for the summer!! :)

Countdown:
4 more shifts at Starbucks
6 more days of school (dont' know why those two haven't gone down.. gosh)
27 more days until Guatemala!!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Opened your pool already!!!! Oh my goodness! Swim away my friend!

Chrys said...

I'm so excited for your pool. It feels like summer! I loved the picture of you three pretending to be spiders. How did you convince Kacey to do that when she's so terrified of spiders? Good times at the zoo, brought back some great memories :)