Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hair, Heagles, and Hell


I cut my hair!! Wahoo! My mom was hesitant to cut it at first, because she didn't trust herself and wanted me to go to the hairdresser's.. But I don't go to get my hair cut elsewhere, so I said she'd do a great job and she did! (My mom was a hairdresser for like 18 years) I love it!! It's nice and light and fun!! With some fun layers! And now I'm forced to make it look nice everyday because it's harder to just put up in a ponytail! :)

There's lots of eagles flying around lately. Around the trees by our house, theres at least 10 that I've counted so far. It's incredible to watch them fly around. I love eagles-whenever I see them, my heart is at peace.

In my philosophy class (Suffering and Belief in God) we've been taking about the notion of hell and looking at arguments as to why it is either incompatible or compatible with a loving and omniscient God. Interesting stuff. Anyway, in my readings this morning I came across to quotes that I wanted to share (not directly related to hell.. but in the readings)

"Our true happiness is found in a relationship of love and obedience to God... Genuine faith is a matter of internalizing that truth in such a way that it shapes one's character through and through."

"Moral transformation involves a degree of pain that must be embraced... it is unpleasant to humble oneself to repent and accept grace and transformation."
-Walls

I am in the process of internalizing God's love for me. It's a process but it is a good one to be persistent about.

This week has been good. I miss being in Cuba mind you!! I have been working a fair amount at Starbucks and I also went to a wedding on Saturday which was kind of fun. Yay for only five weeks of school left!!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like how you put an H on eagles to make it fit. you are an alliterative genius. i sure hope alliterative is a word. well, it is now!