Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Swimming, Seasonals, Safari


 One of the fun things about spring break here at school is the change of pace. It's a bit quieter (except when we have groups in) and there are students who stay behind to join staff!  So it's a good time to be able to hang out with them and do fun random things.


I usually go swimming twice a week at a local pool. Last Monday I was joined by a fantastic swimming crew and we had a great time. Well, it was great until at the end when we were playing marco polo and jordan decided to hide behind a small girl. I leaped towards him and may have brushed her face with my fist. Oops. She seemed okay although quite shocked. 


After swimming we stopped at Tim Hortons (because they're having roll up the rim of course-and Jordan won.. so we went back, and he won again. Amazing.) We were driving back when someone jokingly said we should go to the falls. So I decided to turn in. Above is the photo of us at the falls. No, you can't see the waterfalls in the photo, and neither could we. Well, we could see the huge volume of water (thanks to all the thawing of late), but it was still a fun adventure in the pitch black. 





Then, since we were in adventure mode, I decided we would drive to Safari burger. Quebec has really random restaurants. One of which is safari burger. It is in the middle of nowhere and has giant fries outside as well as a zebra and some weird statues. I've always wanted to stop there and take photos, so I figured nighttime would be perfect when no one was around.



I also love that when you are holding a camera, you can tell people to do anything and usually they will do it for the joy of taking a photo. Either that or I am really good at persuading people (or perhaps a mix of the two). 



What can we take away from all of this?  Always carry your camera with you... you never know what type of adventure awaits you. Or I will just keep bringing you on my adventures!

No comments: