Friday, March 30, 2012

Falls, Friends, Feast



There are some beautiful waterfalls about 15 minutes away. I love going to see them in every season. During the fall, they are surrounded by the most stunning Fall colours, in winter, there are frozen parts, in the spring it is a mass of gushing water and in summer it's nice a nice and relaxed flow and you can lie on a rock and go swimming down below.


I had promised some of the students I would take them for sushi, but you can't just go for sushi of course. One must make some fun stops along the way!  So our first stop was the Falls.


Normally you can see more rocks in the middle and there's more distinct parts to the waterfall, but now it's simple a huge gush of rushing water. Love it!


We then proceeded to take some amazing pictures...


Once again, I love that I can tell everyone to start jumping for a photo and they will. Oh the power a camera yields.






We decided to wander the mall before dinner to build up an appetite. And somehow Leonie was convinced to dress up and try to fit in with the mannequins. I think she does an excellent job. Kind of like Where's Waldo.


And for some reason the photos won't let me write between them. But we went for sushi and it was fabulous. Tried a new roll called the Sumo Roll, which has mushrooms and other things and it was amazing!  On the way home, we stopped at a couple churches along the way to snap some photos.

And thus ends another adventure. Sometimes when I look where I live, it still doesn't hit me that I actually live in Quebec.  I have a Quebec driver's license, a Quebec health card and a Quebec vehicle license plate. I'm a resident of Quebec. Weird.  Maybe one day it will click. For now I will just enjoy the wonder of not believing I live in a place where there is so much history and character to be discovered!

No comments: