Monday, March 19, 2012

Cake, Couple, Cooks


One of my favourite things about working at a Bible School is being able to connect with the students. I don't really like hanging out in groups (although I do from time to time), so I'm not always around a ton when group stuff is happening, but I love having students over or going out with them.  


Jenn is a student who came for winter term from Nebraska. Her and I connected immediately and have enjoyed some good hang outs and great chats.  Anyway, she is an excellent cook and we were talking about baking and she was talking about how much she enjoys making her chocolate amaretto ganache cake. So I invited her over one night and we baked the cake and then feasted with my roommates. So tasty! 


Something new with living in consistent winter is having to start your vehicle ahead of time before you leave. Or else you have to sit in the vehicle and wait. So the other day I was trying out new art forms through the frozen chunks on my windshield. Not sure why I was taking pictures instead of scraping ice off the windshield, but they weren't quite as successful and visionary as I would have expected. 


I have also loved being able to do some fun photoshoots for people. I don't really edit my photos but I have fun taking different creative ones. And I enjoy telling people how to pose. Anyway, after taking some save the date photos for Matthias and Steph, I had them pose by the gigantic snowman just for fun.. haha.


 Right now the students are on spring break, so it's a bit of a change of pace here. The weather has gotten nice and sunny and it looks like the snow will be rapidly melting!  Have been sick for a while with a lung infection and then the flu, so hopefully now I will be able to do a bit more out and about. Three cheers for better weather! I feel like I haven't taken many photos in the last few months, but I hope to remedy that soon, so stay tuned (and I'm working on becoming a better blogger).

No comments: