Monday, October 12, 2009

Thanksgiving, Threes, Turkey

Happy Thanksgiving!! Just got home from a family gathering and am always reminded of what wonderful family I have been blessed with! On Saturday night, we got together with my dad's side of the fam and enjoyed a Moroccan themed meal which was fantastic and great fun and company as per usual.

Tonight was at my mom's and it was great to see aunts, uncles and cousins! :) My mom had to work in the barns, so my aunt and I finished up the turkey dinner while she was in there. Okay, we pretty much sat around talking until the food finished cooking.. but we like to think we contributed significantly to the creation of the masterpiece! :)

So, since it's Thanksgiving, I figure I will list a few of the things I'm thankful for:

-I am thankful that we have an amazing God who loves me deeply. And daily He creates amazing landscapes for me to enjoy and stand in awe of.
-My family: My mom is amazing and has been and is always there for me. I love my brothers and am thankful for their friendships. I'm thankful for my great sister-in-law: it has been fun having a sister and having girl time together! I'm thankful for my nephew who is so precious and makes me realize how precious life is. I'm thankful for all my extended family and that we can all be close and have a great time together.
-A great new (to me) church that I'm becoming connected with. I'm a youth leader and so far I love the youth kids at the church and am blessed being part of this community that I am getting to know.

-I have amazing friends who are always there for me-whether it be to serve as a listening ear at any time and to share with deeply-such a blessing!

-I am thankful to have a wonderful home-to have a wonderful place where I can welcome people. And to have a place where I can be creative and make it my own!

-I am thankful to have a job that gives my mind a break from being burned out from school. I am thankful for the amazing new friendships I have developed as a result.

-I am thankful for my ability to swim. Okay sounds corny.. but there's something about the feeling of being in water and flying through it-there's a freedom within it.

-I am thankful for the ability to sing.

-I am thankful for many more things but these are the ones I list for now!!

Hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving everyone! :)

No comments: