Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Burntout, Break, Bye

Friday was my last day at work. I left really suddenly, more suddenly than I would have liked, but that's okay. And no, I wasn't fired. :) I gave my two weeks notice on Friday but they said I didn't need to do my two weeks which is fine by me. The only sucky thing is that my shift ended at 1:30pm on friday and i found out at 2:00pm that it was my last day. So kind of weird to just leave and not really have any mental prep time/closure. So that's a bit odd.

It was really hard to leave and I'm sad, but I think I've made the right decision. I've been running myself into the ground for a long time and i decided I need to decisively stop and take initiative to go the other way! So this year will be a year for that. A good break.

So one of my plans is to blog more. I hope to read a book a week and blog about it, as well as some of the other things I will be up to. What I ask of you, my readers, is that you interact with my blog. I blog to have readers obviously, but it's nice to have feedback and interaction. No, this doesn't mean you must comment on every one of my posts, but here and there, offer some feedback, etc. so I know who is reading and so forth. otherwise it's not really that fun to blog because then i'm just writing stuff to a big void. So those are my thoughts on that. So all in all, comment, and I will blog more :) And if you think commenting is stupid, please feel free to let me know. hehe..

Have great day!! I'm off to Whistler for a couple of days!

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Enjoy Whistler!! Glad that you've decided to take a break and re-direct your life so to speak. It will be interesting to see where God leads you during this time.

Elsie said...

I'm always interested in your adventures, so I'll be following your blog as you recuperate/evaluate/orientate, etc. It's exciting to imagine what God has in store for you! Go for it!

Irene said...

I read when you update! I live vicariously through you.