Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Visit to the Heartland

For those of you who may not know-Quebec is a place that is really dear to my heart. I went there for Bible School (Capernwray) for two years, worked as a host at their conference center during the summer and led three teams of young people on missions trips in the city of Montreal. Quebec is deeply embedded in my heart and I love it-love the people, the language, the culture, the landscape, everything! For now, I'm here, but I could definitely see myself living there one day in the future. So, when I had a chance to go there during my four day weekend, I jumped on it!

I left late thursday night and took a red-eye flight. Arrived at 7am where my friend Jenn picked me up. As I was landing in Montreal, I was ooking over the city and was so overwhelmed with emotion at being back and seeing this city that I love, I wanted to cry. It was SO good to be back there!

The day I arrived, a blizzard followed me with about 20-25 cms of snow! They already had a lot of snow and this pile I'm standing by goes to show how much there was.. Up above my head! FUN!

Here's a pile of snow int he parking lot.. Compared to the truck, the pile is pretty huge! haha

When in Quebec, one must have poutine. So Jenn and I went after church on Sunday to grab some. On Sunday it was so great to be back at the French Mennonite Church that I had attended there for two years. It's always so neat to come back and see all the people there. And wonderful to speak French again.

I absolutely love all the icicles that form everywhere in the winter!!


Dave and I

Theo
I love the kids at Capes. I was there when a few of them were born and it was such an incredible blessing to be there as they started growing up. Every time I go visit, it's crazy how much they've grown up! I did not get a chance to take any pics of the Thiessen kids (Joshua, Anna and Mary), but I did spend a day hanging out with them and playing with them.. I'm "Banessa" to them as Joshua couldn't pronounce the V when he was younger. :)




Catherine


Millie, Theo and Catherine. I got to go play in the snow with them and it was pretty fun! Great to run really fast while pulling them in the sled too!






Jess sank into the top portion of the snow-goes to show how deep it was!!

3 comments:

elisa said...

wow, that snow's incredible! goes to show we have nothing to complain about when we get a couple inches on the roads!

Chrys said...

I can't believe how big the kids are! I wouldn't have recognized theo. Looks like a fun week!

Jaydes said...

Mmmmm Poutine! You made me super jealous! I remember when I was in Ottawa there was the best poutine truck outside of Parliament! Now, I'm homesick for Canada.