Sunday, February 10, 2008

Cocoa, Cappucinos and Canucks

Last night Gab and I went to the Canucks game. They lost 6-2, but we still had a lot of fun and we made it on the big screen, so that always makes all things better!

The other day, I got my longly awaited for package from Germany! Wow.. I was shocked when I opened it to see how much chocolate was inside! Enough for the year! So if anyone wants some chocolate, let me know! :)
Sorry for not posting much lately. I just started working at Starbucks again and things have been pretty busy. Wednesday night i had my first shift and seemed to remember most things. I find myself putting an extra shot in tall drinks by accident.. oops! So if you get a tall drink that gives you quite a buzz, that would be my fault. :) It has been really fun to see a lot of people I know come in and to have a lot of the regulars recognize me from when I worked there a year and a half ago. Yesterday I totally bailed on the mopped floor and landed solidly on my knee, which broke through many layers of skin and now hurts to move and bend, but hopefully that will get better soon!

This week I also got another job as a T.A. at school. I already TA for one other prof, and another one heard that I had and asked if I would do some marking for him. So this weekend I got to mark 50 papers! woohoo! Actually, over the past year, I have been marking lots of different things and taught a tutorial in stats last semester. It makes me kind of want to be a university professor. When I think of anything else I could do, nothing appeals to me. But as I've been thinking about it, teaching in a university would be awesome and I would love it! So perhaps that is what I will aspire to do.. but we will see! Unless anyone else has some random career plans for me.

Tonight I'm going to something called "Walk through the Bible" at my church. It goes through the whole old testament, so that should be pretty interesting!! Other than that, I need to get crackin' on homework!

And the countdown to reading break begins: 13 more days!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh gosh, is it truly only 13 more days! GAH! how amazing! :)

kelly ens said...

ouch your knee!!
which Starbuck's are you at?

Elsie said...

Oh my, that is one HUGE stash of chocolate! You are well supplied! Hope your knee is feeling better.