Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Canoes, Cirque, Cleaning

 Okay, so my blogging hiatus did not last long. I got internet in my room and since this is now a bit more accessible, I'm excited to be back at it in the blogging world! And I look forward to having time to catch up on all your blogs as well!

I have now been here for two months!!  Crazy how time flies!  August and September have been a whirlwind and have been difficult but wonderful all at the same time.  During the end of the summer, I enjoyed all the different conferencing groups we had in, and enjoyed a lot of free time. Our 17 students have now been here for almost two weeks and so as I am readjusting to a new schedule, I am loving getting to know the students and becoming more and more comfortable with my role here. 

I live with three other girls and am blessed to get to know them and become their friends!  I love our impromptu night chats, song making up, cleaning parties, pickle eating fun and prayer times together. 


Because there's a million things I could write, I decided I would just post a few pictures from the last few months and let them tell a bit of the story of what I've been up to. Enjoy! And keep your eyes open for more posts from me in the future!  (And Elsie, I would love to be your pen pal, just email me your mailing address!)
Hanging out with my amazing roommates and enjoying a large cleaning party of our new home!
             















































































Playing with the kids around property

Taking as many pictures as possible of this little munchkin.
Having photoshoots with canoes, people and dogs!

Hanging out with Jenn during her visit and celebrating her engagement to Dave!


Connecting with wonderful friends visiting in Montreal


Showing visitors around the amazing and beautiful Quebec City
Enjoying FREE outdoor cirque de soleil under an overpass during the summer in Quebec City

Visiting with a good friend in Montreal

Hanging out with the kiddos who take much better underwater pictures than I.

Enjoying the Fall colours changing and the incredible beauty of the endless hills of mixed colour!

Getting to know my roommates and going for drives to enjoy the Fall.

Enjoying this little munchkin and all the other kids!

2 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

It has crossed my mind more than once. ..that I now know someone in Montreal. I love seeing your photos of the time there so far and glad to see you are still smiling.

Beck's Bulletin said...

So fun to stop by on this rainy afternoon and catch up on all the happenings in your life and your beautiful pictures. I think some day you should write a book! I hope you are writing everything down in a journal...you thankful heart is good medicine!