Thursday, October 6, 2011


 I LOVE Fall. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I realize that it's probably my favourite season.  The leaves are stunning. The sky is often blue. And it's cold and crisp. Love love love.  And Fall is made even better in Quebec because of the vibrancy of the leaves.  I have thoroughly enjoyed the slow transformations in the colours of the leaves. Plus I live in the Laurentians, which is rolling hills FULL of trees of all different colours. It's beautiful.


We have a lake on the property where we are, so the other day I grabbed my camera, my lenses and did a little trek around the lake to be a bit creative and have some fun.  It was absolutely wonderful. I love just stopping and looking up and seeing all the different leaves. 


I am continually amazed by creation.  This week that has been added to as the students have been going through the book of Genesis.  I have had the honour of leading some video classes in the evening, and I have been reminded again and again of the incredibleness of our Creator.  And how amazingly He designed the earth and the surrounding universe.  Perfectly fit for life but also one of the best places in the galaxy to explore and discover the galaxy. 


Daily I am reminded of how God's characteristics are reflected through His Creation. So I just wanted to share a few photos with you of what I get to see every day!  


This weekend we are hosting a big cross country race.  It's been neat lately to see how doors in the community are opening to build relationships. Anyway, we have about 70 people coming from the community so it's exciting!  


And in less than a week I will be home for my brother's wedding!  I will miss the end of Fall here and time with the other staff and students, but I am SO SO SO SO excited to be in BC for nine whirlwind days!  It will be great to celebrate with my brother as he gets married and also to see and catch up with my lovely friends and family!





This week all the staff also hosted a progressive dinner in our homes.  There were four different groups of students that went around to the different houses of the staff and it was so wonderful to be able to fellowship together and enjoy some wonderful food!



That's all for now! Hope you are enjoying the Fall wherever you might be!  I hear the temperature is supposed to get up to 21 degrees at the start of next week!  Enjoy the weekend!


3 comments:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Just glory shouting every where!
We here had that autumn blast all about us this week too...now the fall colors are peeking out from under snow. Still amazingly beautiful that way too!

kelly ens said...

beautiful fall colors!

Elsie said...

Oh, those colours!!! One of these years we must head east in the fall.