Friday, August 26, 2011

Fernie, Friends, Fair

On Day #2, we finished driving across BC and I waved sadly to say goodbye. On the way, we kept our eyes peeled for strange and unusual things we could take pictures of...


...like this pair of dice at pair-a-dice campground. Clever.



...like this giant oil rig (pic doesn't do it justice) with the fernie sign. Lindie and i were both quite thrilled to go to Fernie. We had both never been and had always heard about it. It did not disappoint.


...like the largest truck in the world in Sparwood, BC. If you don't think the truck really looks that big, check out me standing in front of the tire...


...like the Alberta border!


Upon arriving in Calgary, Lindie had a baseball game, so Jenn and I went out for ginger beef. We ended up having ginger beef, ginger squid and ginger chicken. It was tasty. I said bye to Jenn knowing I would say here in two weeks upon my arrival in Quebec where she would be visiting for the summer.

All in all Day #2 was great. We kind of forgot to factor in the time change while driving... but we took note of that for future days.


1 comment:

Elsie said...

Pair-a-dice?? A bit of a groaner but very clever. I am amazed at all the giant monuments that towns put up - that truck is humungous!!