Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Castlegar, Cousins, Chairs

On the first day of our road trip, we were welcomed with absolutely horrid weather, but excitement as we set off on our journey. My friend Lindie was gracious and wonderful to fly out to Abbotsford to join me for the first four days of the roadtrip.

I have some wonderful relatives who live in Castlegar, so we decided to take the Crowsnest Highway and travel that way across BC. Like I said, it was rainy, but we were in high spirits as it was the first day of the roadtrip. As we approached Osoyoos, we kept seeing these giant chairs everywhere, advertising for some resort. had there not been barbed wire in front of it, Lindie probably would have climbed up it for a photo. Thankfully, we found one perched on a rock and so ran out of the vehicle in the rain and snapped a shot. Ah the joys of roadtrips!

And oh the joys of swinging suspension bridges where there is no one yelling at you not to run or shake the bridge. And even more fun when there's people who hate suspension bridges walking across it!




Visiting with my relatives was pretty fantastic. They always visit us and I had never visited them so it was nice to actually be in their neck of the woods for once! We had a lot of laughs and fun. We went down to the river and snapped a lot of fun pictures as well! All in all it was a fantastic first day for a roadtrip and the next day we were on our merry way! And apparently now I'm posting about my roadtrip in chronological order. Hooray. Stay tuned for more.

No comments: