Sunday, December 6, 2009

Finished, Finale, Fun

Today was our final performance of Aladdin!! Kind of sad to be done, because it was a lot of fun, but it will be nice to have free evenings again! Who knows if I will know what to do with myself now that I'm done! On the final performance, people play pranks and stuff one each other (as long as it doesn't interfere with the show it's fine). So, there were some points during it that were quite funny (the audience wouldn't necessarily get the extra humor, but we definitely did!) During the final number I actually almost burst out laughing mid song as I saw the little Olympic mascots zipline across the stage. :)

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the show and thanks to those who came out to see it! Definitely felt supported by family and friends and it was always extra fun knowing I had people I knew in the audience. My hair and makeup was my best attempt at looking "Asian" since it was set in China. The people we worked with were fantastic and I have really enjoyed some of the new friendships I have built as a result of being in the show. Great people and a lot of fun!!
And in other news, still amidst renovation insanity. haha. I feel like everything is chaos. I started moving a few more things around today, but it still feels nuts. I was getting a new dishwasher installed and last minute, it was realized that the new one wouldn't hook up as easily.. so now i have no dishwasher and the right sink leaks through the dishwasher hose.. so I am stuck to half a sink in which to wash and rinse dishes-fun! Oh well soon it will all be done and it will be fantastic! Pictures coming as soon as I find my camera cord, along with many other pictures!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I'm glad you had such a great time! I love the theatre and I'm so sorry I missed out on seeing the play:( Next time you do one, let me know:) Reno's never seem to go how you think they should, isn't that the rule? Hope everything gets sorted out soon - can't wait to see pictures!

Elsie said...

Cool Asian hair! Soon your renovations will be done and all those glitches will become a distant memory as you enjoy your new home.