Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Bathroom, Boxes, Baking

Happy December 1st!! Crazy that it's is already December but also very exciting!! I write to you as I am house-trapped. Hehe.. I've had people in and out of the house working on stuff the last couple of days so I've needed to be home. The only problem is that most of the rooms are being worked on, leaving me nowhere to go!! hehe.. So that has been making me feel a little crazy. But since my living room is full of boxes, I have been organizing and throwing out and giving away a lot of stuff!!

Yesterday, a few girls from the youth group I help out with came over to bake cookies. Last month we went into Vancouver to hand out sandwiches to the homeless. So this Friday for their Christmas party, we're handing out sandwiches and cookies, so we figured we'd make some fun shaped sugar cookies to hand out. It was a lot of fun to bake together and our cookies looked pretty great! Except for the minor incident where one slipped off the pan, into the oven and lit on fire, everything went off without a hitch!! :)


In the upstairs of my house, I've had to move stuff around a lot in order for the different flooring to be put in. So last night I saved myself a few trips down the stairs and packed the bathroom full of stuff. When I glanced upstairs it made me laugh because of how full the bathroom is!! :) Soon it will be done and then I will have the arduous task of putting away all my books and everything else. But I will be setting up myself an office space, so I'm excited to finally have somewhere to do my work!! I'm contemplating organizing my books using the Dewey Decimal system but I figure that would take far too much time!! So maybe I'll wait for a rainy day!! Have a great day and there will be pictures of renos coming soon I promise! :)

1 comment:

Elsie said...

What a nice activity for the girls, to bake goodies and then hand them out to bless the homeless! And all that in the midst of renovations?? You are one ambitious lady!