Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fall, Fotos, Fantastic


I never understood it when people would use their cameras as phones.. but to my own dismay, I realized recently that I have become one of those people. I always have my phone with me and it takes pretty great photos. 





But there is a difference when you're behind the camera and you hear the shutter inside opening and closing.. the other day I took some photos of my niece and it's as though something rekindled within me.  


My camera has been lying dormant far too long in my camera bag (partly because of a lens that needs reparing, but I have two others to use!).


Lately I have been missing the fall colours in Quebec and then I look out the window and realize that we have some pretty amazing and vibrant colours here.


So I took my camera, got creative and started snapping photos.  


And oh was it ever inspiring! There is something wonderful about being surrounded by breathtaking creation. I love that the leaves change colour when they die and fall. They could have just become brown and fallen, but our Creator designed them in such a fashion that they would be breath-taking and awe inspiring and reveal His glory. 


And in turn, there's something wonderful about being behind a camera and capturing that beauty in a small little frame, catching glimpses of who God is through the evidence of His handiwork.  


I love cozy, rainy, windy fall days, but I also love gloriously blue sky, sunny days. I'm thankful for this weekend. I got to play outside with little ones, go swimming, fly kites (which also meant simply running really fast and cheering the kite on). 


Days that start off feeling a bit blah and discouraged, yet as you engage in life and stop to notice God in the details, you are inspired and left feeling hopeful.  


So, whether it's pouring rain, cloudy or sunny, take a moment. 
Step outside. 
Be inspired.  


2 comments:

Beck's Bulletin said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Step outside. The trouble with that advice in autumn is getting oneself to step back INSIDE and doing what needs doing. Hate to miss one minute of fall's beauty and the camera chips fill up with hundred of glorious shots! I finally put all my favorite autumn shots taken over the years on to one chip (890 shots!) and got a digital photo frame so I could still see autumn even when I had to be inside.
Live the Quebec colors!!!