Friday, August 23, 2013

Thirty-Five, Things, Targets

Recently I found myself sitting for 12 hours in a hospital with nothing to do, but with the companionship of pen and paper.

So, copying what a friend of mine did recently, I decided to compile a list of 35 things to do before I'm 35.  Some of them are really easy. Some of them not so much, but I wanted to dream a little. So I thought I'd share them here so that as I complete them, it will make sense.

And I picked 35, because 30 is too soon and 40 is too far away.

Here goes...

1. Get masters (just started!)
2. Run 5K run (signed up for one on Sept. 14!)
3. Go to Spain/Portugal
4. Cross-country roadtrip across the States
5. Beginner Triathlon
6. Go to Disneyland 35 days in my adult life
7. Break an 80 in golf
8. Paint a canvas
9. Night sky photoshoot
10. Be in a musical
11. Take tap dance lessons
12. Read all the books i own
13. Write a book
14. Overnight Canoe Trip
15. Bake Zwieback (and not have it turn out rock hard)
16. Go bungee jumping
17. Hike to Mt. Everest Base Camp
18. Bike Across Canada
19. Polar Bear Dip
20. Learn how to Crochet
21. Taj Mahal at Sunrise
22. Swim with Whales (okay i might get too scared and skip this.. )
23. Go to Alcatraz
24. Take an art class
25. Go to Wickaninnish Inn in Tofino
26. Host a Chinese Floating Lantern Party (where everyone dresses in white and brings picnics beforehand, just ordered the lanterns!!)
27. Hike in and out of the Grand Canyon
28. Weigh under 200 pounds
29.  Swim 5 kms in one set
30. Find 50 geocache locations
31. Visit the Taizé Community in France
32. Go on a walking holiday
33. Pub Crawl in Portland
34. Go to Newfoundland
35. Stay at an underwater hotel (maybe the coolest thing ever)


So there you have it. Let's see what the next seven years hold. Anyone want to join me for any of these? 

Stay tuned for more updates on their completions (or lack of completions...)

No comments: